Sony unveiled an upcoming Smartphone named Sony Xperia 5 II, The phone is powered by the latest chipset Snapdragon 865 build in size of 7nm+. This is the second powerful phone after Xperia 1 II. Before wasting any time let us browse the overall specifications and in the end, I’ll share you some extra features of this phone which makes it more powerful.
If you’re new to this website, Follow BlogsBarrel by clicking the Green icon popping up below.
Sony Xperia 5 II full specifications
- Display Type: OLED
- Size: 6.1 inch
- Resolution: 1080 * 2520
- PPI: 449
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Refresh Rate of the display – 120 Hz
Indoor Software and Hardware:
- OS preinstalled – Android 10
- Future OS updates – 11 and 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 build at (7nm+)
- Processor: Octa-core – (1 * 2.84 GHz Kryo 585, 3 * 2.42 GHz Kryo 585 and 4 * 1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- Graphic processing unit – 650
- Ram – 8GB
- Storage – 128 GB (UFS)
- Battery – Li-Ion 4000 mAh – Fast Charging available
Camera Front and Rear:
- Front Camera supports – 8MP, f/2.0, 24 millimetres (wide) with HDR Support.
- Video Recording for Front Camera: 1080 @ 30 frames per second with 5 (axis) gyro – EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization)
- 12 MP, f/1.7, 24 millimetres (wide).
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 70 millimetres (telephoto).
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 124˚, 16 millimetres (ultrawide).
- Video Recording for Rear Camera: 4K at 24/30 FPS, 1080p at 60 and 30 frames per second with HDR and 5 (axis) gyro – EIS.
- Extra Features of Rear Camera: Camera lens – (Zeiss Optics), Panorama, Automatic Eye Tracking of the subject and LED flash.
- Loudspeaker – Yes, Stereo Speakers
- 3.mm Audio Jack – Yes
- USB port – 3.1 Type C
- Body build – Both front and back glass is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6.
Basic features with Sensors :
- Wifi – Wi-Fi 802.11 a-b-g-n-ac-6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot.
- Bluetooth – 5.0
- GPS – A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC – Yes
- Waterproof – IP65/IP68, dust/water resistant (up to 1.5meters for 30 mins).
- Sim Connectivity – GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Sim slot – Dual Hybrid with (Second option as SD card) supports nano sim
- Fingerprint (Side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, colour spectrum
That was all for the specifications now its time for price and other unbelievable features this phone has. Sony Xperia 5 ii can be priced at 700$which is 51373 Rs in Indian currency. But as of now, this is just an expected price, Official price may differ when the phone is announced. For those who don’t know about the official release date, it’s going to be released on 17th September 2020. As soon I get the official price, I’ll update it here asap.
Sony Xperia 5 II features:
There are many cool things this device will offer us:-
- X-Reality Engine – Very helpful for getting Crisp and Clear Images as well as amazing colours while playing a video. This technology was only available for Sony Bravia TV’s but now they’ve added to smartphones as well.
- USB power delivery 3.0 – Basically it is used to charge your phones with high power supply, But an addon feature USB power delivery has that it can detect some malfunction in charging process such as Low power or overload etc or if the temperature of the device increase it will notify you on your phone.
- Zeiss optics camera lenses: High-quality lenses to get a clear picture with all the details.
- 120 Hz refresh rate for the quick response and may support Cinema pro application for Video recording and stuff.
- Eye Tracking feature in Camera: To explain in short, The camera will automatically detect the eye position of a subject and will apply the algorithm to get the best shots from it. You can watch the whole video of How does Eye Tracking feature works here
That’s all for the features, read my personal opinion on this phone below.
My conclusion on this device: Specifications and features are up to the mark as Sony never compromises quality and is a non-Chinese tech company. So for those who have a budget of almost 50 – 55K should definitely go for this phone. Also, Camera centric users and gamers can switch to this phone as well. High performing Chipset, Unbelievable camera, sharp display with NFC support is enough for a normal and a heavy user. For those who’re thinking to avoid Chinese phones, this device is made for you.
So that’s it If you loved the article do follow Blogsbarrel by pressing the Bell icon popping in Green Colour.
Credit for the images goes to the official owner, BlogsBarrel doesn’t claim any rights to them.
Featured image credit – Evan Blass
Some links are pointed out as a reference for the content.
Also, Read articles: