Ola Electric Scooter, An upcoming smart two-wheeler with cool features as well as overwhelming performance is arriving for delivery in the month of October 2021. But is the scooter really worth it in terms of pay price as well as electricity cost? Below I’ll try to explain to you all the features, Basic Specs, Monthly Electricity charges, and some crazy facts.
As the topic is really vast so I’ll make some table of contents to this article through which a reader can jump to his favorite topic and read the detailed stuff about it.
Where is the Ola Electric scooter Manufacturing Plant?
- The Ola Electric Manufacturing plant is located in Tamil Nadu, India.
- It is one of the Biggest 2 wheeler manufacturing plants in India which can reside in Mumbai Airport as well as Delhi Airport.
- The company claims to deliver at least 10mn vehicles a year.
- In India, approximately 20mn vehicles are produced, of which 80% are two-wheelers.
- Only 12% of the total population owns two-wheeler vehicles. The vision of the Ola electric scooter is to provide this vehicle to every individual, as electricity is way more affordable than fuel.
How Many variants are there in Ola Electric Scooter?
- There are 2 variants in this electric vehicle:- S1 and S1 pro.
- The S1 is the lite version which has basic features whereas the S1 pro has full-fledged features.
What are the Features of the Ola Electric Scooter?
- 0 – 40 speed in 3 Seconds.
- Top speed 115Km/hr
- IoT sensors for locking and unlocking the scooter by walking close or far towards it.
- 3.9Kwh Battery Size.
- 8.5KwH Motor Peak power.
- Storage: Can store 2 full-size Helmets.
- In build Speakers for playing music, Dialing, or receiving calls.
- Connectivity:- Wi-Fi, 4G, Bluetooth.
- Cruise Mode:- Where the scooter automatically locks the speed.
- Reverse mode:- where you can use accelerator to go reverse.
- Self Created Move Operating System: That promises Security as well as future updates.
- 7.5inch Display which is Waterproof as well as Shatterproof with high Brightness.
- Powerful LED headlights for a night drive.
- Inbuilt UI modes:- Defines your taste of UI display (Bolt, vintage, care, Wonder)
- Multiple widgets: GPS(Online as well as Offline), Battery Status, Music, Weather, Wind speed, and much more.
- Individual User Id: So that your Family, as well as friends, can ride your scooter.
- Fully Remote control.
- In-built Ola Voice Assistant (Hey Ola increase the volume) that can do your work without even touching your screen.
- Side Stand Alert: Checks if your stand is disabled while riding.
- Anti-theft alarm: Locks scooter instantly for unauthorized access.
- Dark Mode for display.
- Auto Indicator off Will turn of side indicator after some seconds if you perform a turn.
These are all the features of the Ola Electric Scooter available in S1pro and some in S1. More features can arrive in the future via OTA updates.
Ola S1 Specifications
- Top Speed:- 90Km/hr
- Mileage per charge:- 121 Km
- 0-40 in 3.6 seconds
- Battery capacity:- 8.5Kw
- Modes are available for the ride: Normal and Sport.
- Colors: 5 colors available.
- Global India price: 99,999 Rs
Ola S1 Pro Specifications
- Top Speed:- 115Km/hr
- Mileage per charge:- 181 Km
- 0-40 in 3 seconds
- Battery capacity:- 8.5Kw
- Modes are available for the ride: Normal and Sport, hyper.
- Colors: 10 colors available.
- Global India price: 129,999 Rs
State-wise ola electric scooter price for Ola s1 and S1 pro
EMI options are available for a price of 2999 Rs per month.
What is the purchase date of the Ola Electric Scooter?
Currently, you can reserve an ola electric scooter by paying 500 Rs on its official website ola electric. The official booking date is September 8, 2021, and the delivery will begin in the Month of October 2021.
The above-written things are just the basic specifications. The real question is, Is this electric scooter affordable than using a fuel scooter?
According to my Yes, And let’s understand the calculation of the electricity used in a month if we charge this scooter daily.
What is the Charging time for OLA electric scooter at home or Ola fast charging station?
- Ola s1 takes almost 4 hours 30 mins to charge at home.
- Ola s1pro takes almost 6 hours to charge at home.
- Where as in Ola fast charging station it will take up to 36 mins to fully charge your electric scooter.
- AS of now Ola fast charging stations are being manufactured and soon there are going to setup approximately 3 Lakh Ola Fast Charging stations all over India.
What is the Electricity consumption calculation on monthly basis for Ola Electric Scooter?
There are many electricity providers in India, Below I’m going to use MSEB electricity rates to make the calculation. You can use your electricity provider and then change the value as per your electricity rates.
- Visit Mahavitran Consumption Calculator.
- Find Iron in appliance and select 1 as quantity and hours = 6.
- Click next until you get Estimate your Consumption and click on it.
- You can see total consume units is 135.01 for a month if we charge it daily.
- 135.01 / 30 = 4.5 units (‘It will take 4.5 Units a day to charge this scooter ‘)
- Now as per MSEB unit charges there are slabs based on units, Check the below image.
The calculation part
In the above image we can see 0-100 has a slab of 3.44 Rs per unit so 100 * 3.44 = 344 rupees
100-300 units = 7.34rs for 1 unit
So 7.34 * 35 = 257 Rs.
344 + 257 = 601 Rs.
Conclusion:- If you own an Ola Electric scooter, your electricity bill will increase up to 601 Rs if you charge it daily. Note: This is the rarest scenario where a user will drive daily 180Km and may charge it on daily basis. An average person will charge the electric scooter every two or three days.
Even if we charge every 3 days in a month only 45 Units will be used so 45 * 3.44= 155 Rs for 1800 Kilometers. This estimation is for Ola S1 pro and not S1.
Comparison with Fuel based two-wheeler and electric two-wheeler.
A fuel two-wheeler can give you the mileage of 35kmpl to 40kmpl so for 1800 kilometers you may be paying 1800/40 = 45 Liters fuel consumed.
1 Liter petrol costs around 107 Rs
107 * 45 = 4815 Rs.
We save 4660 Rs for every 1800 Km if we switch from Fuel to Electric vehicles.
That was all for the Ola Electric Scooter review, Once the scooter is officially on street we’ll get more information about it. But seeing the price comparison between two vehicles, I guess electric clearly wins.
If you find my calculation wrong, Let me know in the comment section below.
Do share the article and subscribe to Blogsbarrel for new articles.
Also, read articles:-