Ambedkar Jayanti or we may call it Bhim jayanti is an annual festival observed on 14th April to remember in the memory of B.R. Ambedkar, aka BabaSaheb Ambedkar was born on 14th April 1891. In India there is a Public Holiday on Account of Ambedkar Jayanti. Bhim Jayanti is not only celebrated in India But in various countries also.
Why Ambedkar Jayanti is celebrated ?
B.R Ambedkar has mostly spent time for uplifting the Backward communities. He is also been credited for Dalit Buddhist Movement in India. Lot of Discrimination was faced against the backward Communities.
He fought for equality, democracy and complete freedom for their religion and succeed.
He was also involved in the fight of Independence with Indian National Congress.
Reduction in working hours for factory labours was changed from 14 hours to 8 hours by B.R. Ambedkar in the year 1992.
Beside playing the key role in framing the constitution of India, He had a huge hand for formation of The Reserve Bank Of India.
Educational Degree of B.R. Ambedkar:
- M Sc
- D Sc
Struggles he faced
He also said about the discrimination mentioned in the essay “no peons no water” Where he recalled in School time he was not allow to drink water until a upper caste fills his glass with his own hands. If the peon was Absent he cannot drink water.
Tribute given by Indian Government to Babasaheb Ambedkar:
- B.r Ambedkar was bestowed with Bharat Ratna award on 14th April 1990.
- The period from 14 April 1990 – 1991 was observed as “Year of Social Justice ” in the memory of BabaSaheb.
- Even United nation celebrated Ambedkar Jayanti in the year 2016, 2017, 2018.
- Many politicians, president as well as Prime minister of India pays home to the Statue of B.R. Ambedkar at Parliament of India in New Delhi.
- A google Doodle was published for B.r Ambedkar’s on his 124th Birthday
- Indian post issued stamps, Dedicated to Ambedkar’s Birthday in 1966, 1973, 1991, 2001 and 2013.
- 10 rupees coin was issued in the name of Babasaheb Ambedkar.
Quotes on Ambedkar Jayanti 2021:
- “Freedom of mind is the real freedom.
A person whose mind is not free though he may not be in chains, is a slave, not a free man.
One whose mind is not free, though he may not be in prison, is a prisoner and not a free man.
One whose mind is not free though alive, is no better than dead.
Freedom of mind is the proof of one’s existence.”
- “If I find the constitution being misused, I shall be the first to burn it.”
- “Humans are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise both will wither and die.”
- “I like the religion that teaches liberty, equality and fraternity.”
- “Constitution is not a mere lawyers document, it is a vehicle of Life, and its spirit is always the spirit of Age.”
- “Justice has always evoked ideas of equality, of proportion of compensation.
Equity signifies equality. Rules and regulations, right and righteousness are concerned with equality in value.
If all men are equal, then all men are of the same essence, and the common essence entitles them of the same fundamental rights and equal liberty…In short justice is another name of liberty, equality and fraternity.”
That’s all for Ambedkar jayanti 2020, If you liked the post do share it
Found anything wrong or missing, let me know in the comment section below
Do subscribe to Blogsbarrel by clicking on the Bell icon and allowing notification.
Credit for uploaded images goes to official owner, BlogsBarrel Doesn’t claim any rights to them.
Also Read Articles:
- Jyotirao Phule 11-04-1827 | The legendary history of an Indian Social Activist
- Get a Confirmed Tatkal Ticket while booking on IRCTC application.
- Best Stand up comedy Videos
- Songs that Crossed Billions on YOutube