Sony recently launched its new Smartphone named Sony Xperia 1 II – (It’s actually spelt as Sony Xperia 1 Mark two). The Phone’s major Center attention is – Obviously Camera, No Not only Camera, This time Sony Brings it all, Dual Front-Facing Speakers, Our Favorite 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Wireless Charging, Network Connectivity – 5G, and Much more. It’s like they packed everything in this phone, Let’s check more about this beast.
As mentioned above, Sony has bundled everything in this phone, The best part about Sony Xperia 1 II is “Camera” The camera is enhanced by ZEISS optics, The burst mode which shoots images continuously is clocked at 20 frames per seconds combined with Auto Exposure and Auto Focus. Sony also Introduces Eye Autofocus for Humanas well as Animalsto get more magic moments of it.
Want to capture real-time fast-moving objects go for this device. In the end, I’ll upload a video of this device, You’ll be amazed to see the images. Before any delay let’s move to specifications.
Overall Specifications of Sony Xperia 1 II
- Launch date: 22/05/2020, India release date : (28/05/2020) – But this can be delayed due to lockdown.
- Length and Width – 165.1 x 71.1 x 7.6 mm
- Weight of device – 181.4 Gram
- Display Protection – Corning gorilla 6 for front and back.
- Sim slot support – Dual sim with Hybrid Mode
- Water Resistant – Yes, IP65 / IP68 (up to 1.5 meters with 30 minutes of the window)
# Those who don’t know what is Ip65 and Ip68 Let me help you.
IP stands for Ingress Protection or International protection, which are used to show details about a device for how long it can survive dust, and Moisture. IP rating starts from 1 to 69K. You can read them in full info here.
The above where the General specs, Let’s get to major specs.
Sony Xperia 1 II Display, Resolution and Size
- Display: OLED Capacitive touchscreen # Only smartphone with a 4K OLED Display.
- Size: 6.5 inches
- Resolution: 3840*1644 with a PPI of (643)
Operating System Details and much more:
- In the Box Operating System – Android 10
- Chipset – None other than Snapdragon 865 with 7 nanometers + (Nanometer means the size of the Transistor, lower the size more you can load into a chipset)
- Processor – Octa-Core (1*2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3*2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4*1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU (Graphics Processing Unit ) – Adreno 650
Memory Storage and Sound Configuration:
- Is Micro SD card slot available – Yes but with a combination of 1 sim 1 SD card.
- Internal Storage- 256 GB, 8GB Ram.
- UFS – Yes available (UFS Stands for Universal Flash Storage which is used for High-speed data transfer)
Sound Configuration :
- Speakers – Front Dual Speakers with Dolby Atmos.
- Earphone jack – Yes 3.5mm
Cameras of Sony Xperia 1 ll :
It has 4 Rear cameras also known as Quad Cameras
- Primary Camera: 12 MP, f-aperture 1.7, 24 mm used for (wide) mode
- Secondary Camera : 12 MP, f-aperture 2.4, 70 mm (telephoto) mode
- Third Camera: 12 MP, f-aperture 2.2, 16 mm (ultra wide) mode
- Fourth Camera: 0.3 MP, TOF camera, Also called as Time of flight camera,
- Video Resolution: 4K Supports for 24, 25, 30, 60 Frames per second.
- HDR support – Yes, 1080p with 30, 60, 120 frames per seconds.
- Advance features: 5-axis gyro-EIS, OIS
A TOF camera uses an infrared signal and passes a laser to an object and again returns back to the device, In this process, it will calculate the depth of the object and provide photos according to it.
Sony Xperia 1 II Front Camera Details:
- Single 8 MP, Shooter with an f-aperture 2.0, 24 mm used for (wide) mode.
- HDR Support – Yes
- Front Camera Video Resolution- 1080 framed at 30 Fps.
- Advance features – (5-axis gyro-EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) – Used for controlling mobile calibration which will take steady videos even while moving.
Communication, Sensors, Battery, Price and Basic stuff:
- Wlan – Wi-Fi 802.11 a,b,g,n,ac, ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot.
- Bluetooth – Yes, 5.1
- GPS – Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Galileo
- NFC – Yes
- Radio: No
- USB cable support- 3.1, Type- C 1.0 Reversible Converter.
Sensors: Fingerprint (Side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum.
- Battery: Non-removable pro-Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Fast Charging – Yes, up to 21W
- Wireless Charging: Yes.
Colors available- White, Black and purple.
Price as of now- Currently this mobile was priced in Deutschland for around 1200 Euros. Converting them In Indian currency will be almost around 1 Lakh rupees. But that’s not confirmed, Sony might release it in India for a lower price. So stay tuned for official release in India.
So these were the official specifications of Sony Xperia 1 II, According to me, this is the best phone from every angle, Although the price won’t be less we can expect it about 60 K for this device. Check the video below of how the camera performs and shoots images.
Sony eye-tracking feature in Camera video
That’s all for now If you found this post helpful do share and Subscribe to Blogsbarrel by pressing bell icon and allowing notifications.
Found anything wrong or missing? Do let me know in the comment section below.
Credit for Featured Image goes to Sony
Credit for Uploaded Image goes to Amazon.de
Also, Read Articles:
- Mr.India Camera in Oneplus Concept Phone
- Smartphone Buying guide which will help you to choose a proper phone for you.