There was lot of buzz in lockdown about JioMart delivering food essentials directly to your home, Guess what the service is finally Live. JioMart website www.jiomart.com goes live in India today on 24-05-2020. Finally JioMart is ready to tackle the leading eCommerce Business giant Amazon and Flipkart. Read the full details on how it will be available in your city.
The chairman of Jio – Mr. Mukesh Ambani had announced about this project way before 2-3 years, As JioMart will help the local shopkeepers to sell their products through online basis. It will be a major relief for everyone who faced a huge loss due to Amazon and Flipkart.
What is JioMart about ?
We could say it as a official Indian eCommerce website which will sell products to Indian Consumers, the way Amazon and Walmart owned Flipkart does. Another major fact of JioMart is that it will buy goods from the local shopkeepers and deliver it to your home. Or the other way be like they’ll deliver the your product to shopkeeper and you need to pick it from there.
The local retailer will get its Business with Commission And the consumer will get it’s service.
Is JioMart available all over India ?
AS of now Yes, It’s officially active on all Metropolitan areas and in cities, But I’am not sure about villages, Maybe they will extend their services in the villages after the lockdown ends.
What are categories JioMart is currently offering now?
I’ve visited the site Thoroughly and as of now I’ve found only food essentials products and daily need products, So Below I’ve written categories on the left and product examples on the right.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products – Amul Butter, Toast Khari
- Staples – Dal, Pulses, AATA
- Snacks (Biscuits, Noodles, Chocolates, Sauces)
- Beverages (Tea-powder, Coffee, soft drinks, Born Vita)
- Personal Care Products (Hair Oil, Colgate, Shampoo)
- Home Care products (Dishwash, Cleaners)
- Baby care – Diapers
Wan’t to check the whole list? Visit here
How to check if Jio Mart is avaible in your city ?
- Visit the official website here.
- On the top of the page search for Delivering to with a location logo
- Click on the edit button placed after 361001 and enter your Pincode.
- Once you press start Shopping you’ll get same message as mentioned above “Delivering to 361001”
- If your city is not active for the service you’ll get this image.
- That’s it, start Shopping for all your needy products.
What are the delivery charges in JioMart ?
Currently Jio has no delivery charges on amount of 750 Rs or more per account , If a user shops below 750 Rs, He/she will be charged 25 Rs per order.
Are there any offers active on Jio Mart ?
Visiting the site via mobile shows a heading “get savings worth 3000 Rs” But I didn’t find it anywhere on site, And yes currently on every product there is an off of 5- 10% offers per product.
How to register for Jio Mart?
- Visit the official website here.
- Search for Sign in on top right hand side.
- Enter your mobile Number and press OK
You’ll get this page
- Fill in the details and get enter the OTP
- That’s it you’re free to shop now.
Will Jio Mart be able to beat other competitive eCommerce Giants such as Amazon, Flipkart ?
Can’t say for now but in future definitely Yes, Jio has a big network to promote their products, There are 30 crores Jio network users in India, Also Jio is know for providing free services or services in cheap price. Also as of the current lockdown, Jio Mart is only selling Food essential products, Once the lockdown ends I think they’ll expand to all categories same as Amazon and Flipkart.
#Note: The above answer is written on my expectations.
That’s all for JioMart of now, If you found this post helpful do share it and Subscribe to BlogsBarrel by pressing the bell-icon on bottom right side.
# Credit for the Images used in the article goes to Official owner – JioMart.com (BlogsBarrel doesn’t claim any rights to them)
# Found Something wrong or missing ? Let me know in the comment section below.
Did You know You can get a amazing Bluetooth speaker under 1000 Rs here.
Also Read Articles: